Following on from our design meetings, I drew up a drafts of what our Digipack could look like.
iPhoto allowed me to make some simple colour corrections where I perfected the white balance of the scanned drawings.
There were several elements that were important to incoorporate such as the monochrome/minimalistic theme following on from our research into the genre. Also, I personally really wanted to include a series of illustrations as it makes the and look less self-focused, yet the portrait of Ashen still emphasises his star image. Moreover, the intricate designs make it more interesting for the customer especially baring in mind the dominate female audience.
We're currently undecided whether the imagery on the back page as it is inconsistent with the illustrative theme, however I think the black is effective as it breaks up the vast amounts of white that is already used. To create the back image, using the Mac app 'sketchbook' and a graphics tablet, I found a photo that Sasha had taken on the day and used a spray can tool to blur the edges of the photo to blend it into the black background, then in the black background used the eraser tool to hand write the list of songs that we had come up with. I really liked the inconsistency of this effect.
I also used the same technologies for the two inside covers by adding a slight grain to unite the two images, so the left side flows into the right.
This is the inner left side of the digipack, we wanted to include a natural element like the original plan however we preferred this idea of intertwining foliage as it linked to the first sketch whilst guided the eye from the left to the right sides of the inner covers. I later hand rendered the opposing inside cover
Taking my sketches, I scanned and uploaded them onto iPhoto on my MacBook Pro to review the images.
iPhoto allowed me to make some simple colour corrections where I perfected the white balance of the scanned drawings.
First final draft:
There were several elements that were important to incoorporate such as the monochrome/minimalistic theme following on from our research into the genre. Also, I personally really wanted to include a series of illustrations as it makes the and look less self-focused, yet the portrait of Ashen still emphasises his star image. Moreover, the intricate designs make it more interesting for the customer especially baring in mind the dominate female audience.
We're currently undecided whether the imagery on the back page as it is inconsistent with the illustrative theme, however I think the black is effective as it breaks up the vast amounts of white that is already used. To create the back image, using the Mac app 'sketchbook' and a graphics tablet, I found a photo that Sasha had taken on the day and used a spray can tool to blur the edges of the photo to blend it into the black background, then in the black background used the eraser tool to hand write the list of songs that we had come up with. I really liked the inconsistency of this effect.












No comments:
Post a Comment